PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eaglejet Airlines
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2009, 14:50
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Fogey

Your friend did very well to get 60 sectors in 6 weeks, thats 10 per week, which allowing for days off, unless they are very short is about the max you could do anyway.. You mention that the airline required 60 sectors prior to LPC, I gather you mean Line Check,as he would have needed an LPC and OCC before flying any sectors, also JAR requires a minimum number of sectors/hours when converting to a new type, neverless I would say it is very very rare to do 300 hrs in 4 months, even short haul. Apart from LTCs you also need safety pilots and a TRE or TRI for the first few sectors, this all takes time to organise and as such crew should be prepared to wait six months for the 300hrs. The EJ system does work for some, however I am aware of the delays in guys starting, due shear volume of candidates and the fact many programs are " on hold" with the airlines. We must get an enquiry a day from guys with type ratings and no line sectors looking for line sectors, unfortunately capacity is short and outstripped by demand. My advice would be to keep prepared, up to speed tech knowledge wise and if required but some sim if its been a while since the LST, otherwise you may get back tracked when you start line training. Has anyone actually got a start date for the EJ 500hrs A320 or is this still subject to big delays?