PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 26th Jul 2009, 22:53
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Anti-ice
Well we fly out of LGW once a year and LHR once a year to Europe, and since LGW started with the 3 crew thing, the service has been dire.

They throw things at you, don't offer you anything in a nice way anymore - the pride is gone.

Like so many industries now, they seem demotivated and don't seem to care.
Smiles have been replaced with withering looks, and keen-ness with nonchalance/indifference.

It's a shame because it used to be a really good base - when they had a reasonable amount of crew.

Easyjet have 3 crew, but then they have ONE cabin,a non-compulsory product and no premium product.
Give them a break for goodness sake.
I'm sorry and surprised that you've experienced such dire service from LGW, Anti-ice. We all know that every airline and base has it's share of bad apples, even LHR EF, but to get it two or three times in a row is more than unlucky.

If there's one thing I've always thought we had in bundles, it's pride. We wouldn't have survived as long as we have without it. I assume you had a word with the seniors in each case? If my crew were treating people with withering looks and indifference, I'd want to know about it and I'm sure you would too.

Jsl