PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 26th Jul 2009, 20:27
Wobbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Management & BASSA richly deserve each other - each represent everything that is detestable about running a business in the UK, and the very lowest denominator of what is estimable in the industry.
TightSlot - I think maybe you need to moderate youself! That is not the sort of statement I would expect from a moderator- and one in which £350 million of convertible bonds recently taken up by city institutions may disagree with. BA management as far as I can see have been straight down the line. They always had a June 30th deadline - and those unions that were prepared to engage and negotiate have come to agreements - those that were not now find themselves in hot water.

The airline industry has changed forever - and so airlines need to change forever. BA management is currently doing what should have been done years ago - and finally have the balls to do it. Some of us actually believe that BA management is doing the right thing - and for the last 12 years I have found BA to be a very fair and reasonable employer. Would you care to justify why BA represents everything that is detestable about running a business in the UK and why they are the lowest common denominator of what is estimable in the industry? I can think of other airlines that are far more appropriate targets of your comments!!!