PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 26th Jul 2009, 19:50
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is almost sad - Some of you really seem to have no concept of how childish some of your own comments make you look. To the outsider, BA looks like a pretty unpleasant place to work, on either side of the flight deck door - I cannot tell you how glad I am that I have never encountered anything approaching this level of vitriol in my working life. Watching this issue being discussed here is a little like watching a couple performing an especially depraved and violent sex act in a theater. It has a certain fascination and curiosity value, but the observer is ultimately left feeling sad, repulsed and morally soiled - and above all, appalled that the parties involved lacked sufficient self-respect to at least perform in private.

It is pretty clear from reading news, blogs and info from various sources, and from having to read everything on these several BA threads that BA Management & BASSA richly deserve each other - each represent everything that is detestable about running a business in the UK, and the very lowest denominator of what is estimable in the industry. Each side attempts to blame the other, exclusively, when it is transparently obvious to outsiders that each side is equally responsible. If you are sitting in either community and finding yourself believing that your side has performed with intelligence, then you badly need to step back and have a talk with yourself. Luckily, PPRuNe has no agenda on this dispute.

I'd like to try and dial down the anti-BASSA venom please: Throwing rocks at people rarely moves the argument forward. If you feel that you may be rising to the bait, then you probably are - Resist and ignore!

PIB - Once or twice you have hovered near threatening others: My advice, be very careful. Your views are tolerated in here in the interests of balance - If we could find somebody else, better, and more prone to actually answering the questions raised, and less prone to diversion and distraction from the issues, then believe me, you'd be history (as would the next BASSA mouth-frother to turn up and Troll).

There is no restriction on posting stuff from elsewhere on the web, beyond the usual caveats which your common sense will tell you about.

In trying to remove the nastier posts, and to keep off the Pilot related aspects, the mods cull the thread periodically: This is not a scalpel-like precision exercise - it is more akin to a Gatling Gun i.e. there may be blue-on-blue casualties. Live with it please.

Should this dispute actually lead to anything significant, a new thread will be opened with a clean start. Until then, carry on here, but please try and make yourselves look good while doing so.