PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpaid Leave
Thread: Unpaid Leave
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2009, 16:23
always half full

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with the last two posts. Jet2 isn't perfect, far from it. What we need to remember is we have job's!

PM manages his business the way he see's fit. After recent events his attitude could be described as more significant than any changes enforced on us - ie the implications on flight safety!!!!

Silverhawk - Your comments are a contradiction of terms:

The inhouse chat forum lost all credibility when HR tried to use it as a reason for spanking.
or

If you expect any credibility then this anonymous forum does you no favours at all.
What will it be then? Get a spanking for using our in-house facility, or try to use the anonymous forum for some discussion.......?

I know where I'll stay thanks.

So, with all the rumours milling around, I'm going to do as my name suggests and stay hopeful that after next week, when the good company results are released that the company will do as they are suggesting and come up with some money saving insentives/cost cutting, whatever you want to call it.

From what I understand:

- There will be NO redundancies
- They will ask the more senior Pilots would they like to take early retirement
- They may very well ask for volunteers to take unpaid leave over Winter (May suit some!)
- Fleet transfers may be an option as the company is moving towards a Charter airline model
- BALPA membership will come with time, but rest assured PM will not embrace them

Either way, we have to try and be a little flexible, but not to the extent that we end up with nothing. The company will find it very hard to justify any changes once the results are out, but there still lies tough times ahead. Lets fight one battle at a time, and with the RIGHT tools to do it!!!!!! BALPA, BALPA, BALPA!!!