PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJS-717s ?
Thread: NJS-717s ?
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2002, 07:36
stormywx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Ultra's post says it all... I just have 2 things to add.

1. A grand majority of Impulse Airlines staff have done the best they can to improve relations between them, mainline and other regionals. There seems to be a continual attack on them, by a few QFLink pilots on this board that is really unwarranted. I recently attended an interview session with them (and no it wasn't for a pilots position before anyone asks) and the staff at that session had nothing but nice things to say about Qantas and also stressed that they were doing their outright best to ensure that their relationship with other Qantas business units was a positive one.

2. The bickering of pilots on here amazes me, there are a lot of us low hour guys out here that would do anything to get where you are, whether that be in the right hand seat of a D8 or left hand of a B717. Maybe before you complain about your conditions (that are somewhat better then any of the GA guys on this board are use to), about your saleries (which are most competitive on the international scale) or about your relationship with other airlines within Qantas (which is only worsened each time one of you posts here slagging off the other) you should remember why it was again you became a pilot, how pleased you should actually be to have any sort of airline position and how there are 1000's of us sitting out here who would love to be there as well and we certinally wouldn't be complaining as much as many of you are either!

I've read this debate for months, with some amazement at the stupid minority who are doing their best to not only make relationships between Qantas regionals worse, but who are giving QFLink pilots generally a bad reputation.

No-one disagrees that Qantas handled the merger badly, but enough is really enough, it wasn't any other pilots fault, just bad management so why try to make something from nothing?