PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robins
Thread: Robins
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2002, 07:34
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robins

Hi Billy M!

I used to teach on the DR400/108 at Rochester many years ago (still see G-BBCH @ 12,000 hours looking very pretty (we rarely hangared them and brushed the snow off in the winter - no problem) and fulfilled a long-term ambition last year by buying a brand new 180 Regent (did you see it on the Robin stand at Aerofair?)

THe Robin is a joy.

From a students perspective I know of no equal.

From an owners perspective, I agree that they should really be hangared but then so should any aircraft - all will deteriorate more quickly out in the weather.

THere are some DR400's in France with more than 25,000 hours on them and they only see the inside of a hangar on maintenance.

Since their inception the DR400's have flown more than 10 million hours without any inflight failure attributable to defective structure (source - Guy Pellisier, MD of APEX Aircraft)

THese are strong machines that look right and fly right.

THere are a few dogs around but this shouldn't be the case with a reputable flying school.

THe visibility from the cockpit is outstanding, control harmonisation is as good as it gets.

FOr a flight test report on the Regent find a copy of Todays Pilot July 2001. FOrtunately you don't quite get to see my ugly mug but you do see lots of pictures of my pretty plane.

GO for the Robin!