PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - c152 missing between Hamilton and New Plymouth NZ POB1
Old 26th Jul 2009, 08:20
kiwi chick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bestpilotindaworld:

I have to disagree just a little here:

There are two types of instructors;
I was a newbie C-Cat straight off course but I had absolutely no doubt whatsoever that I knew squat. I was never destined for airlines - it didn't interest me - so hours were totally irrelevant to me.

On ****ty days, I would be the one ringing the customer to explain that conditions weren't the greatest, and for best "hands-on" value for money, it would be prudent to reschedule for a better day. There's not point in them paying for me to fly.

I was always faced with shocked looks from the "Type 2" instructors who didn't give a toss that their student was not going to touch the controls - it was another 0.6 in their logbook, after all ...

So, whilst my experience of 600 hours is a mere drop in the hat compared to many others, there are some of us that still have the right attitude.

The old "if you can't beat 'em, join e'm" doesn't wash with me, so I got out. I gave up a good job (as a photography pilot) because I just was not comfortable - or happy - sharing the same airspace with the above-mentioned pilots.