PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - c152 missing between Hamilton and New Plymouth NZ POB1
Old 26th Jul 2009, 06:51
bestpilotindaworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two types of instructors;

1) The ones that have had a job FLYING the plane themselfs and have quite a threw hours and have learned what the aeroplane can do and what bad wx is. And normally leaving it upto the student until they really F&%K UP they take over and still talk you threw it.

2) The newbe C-Cat straight out of there course with 300 hours that think they are going to be airline pilots tomorrow. Trying to teach poor students how to do things but they havent put it into practice themselfs and always having there hands under the controls or there F&%Kin feet on the pedals. Always playing with things and saying "I've got control" and doing a couple of medium turns and then saying "You have control" or its a bit windy and the last time they did a x-wind landing was when they watch there instructor do it for them or talking on the the F&%kin radio

Having had myself nearly 30 instructors in 12 years I have seen them all. I was lucky when I did my PPL that most of the instructors were type 1's.

I have seen quite a few people go flew the local aero club in my time and the ones that are trained by type 1 turn out great pilots, the ones that get a bit of both normally turn out alright but the ones that are trained just type 2 are F&%ked and are just waiting to be in Vector!

Last edited by bestpilotindaworld; 6th Aug 2009 at 21:13.