PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 26th Jul 2009, 06:26
L337

the lunatic fringe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I cannot look at our horizontal, 2 breaks, 5 bellys aircraft drivers without thinking the 4 letter "C" word. I arrived at the T5 crew report centre the other day and could'nt help myself saying the "C" word under my breath as I passed by them. Is it just me? I could'nt even acknowledge them on my trip or look them in the eye. Thank goodness I did'nt have to cater for them or listen to them mincing for a tea or coffee. At the hotel swimming pool I could'nt help myself but to blank the skipper as I passed by. Whats happening to me? Am I stereotyping them all with the same brush. Let me get this right.... BALPA are not supporting us cabin crew? BALPA are all BA pilots? If crew strike and sink BA, then all BALPA members loose their jobs and pensions right?? So why do they not support us? Because they are all "C****" and I'm alright JACK, excuse the lingo."
I flew very recently with "this person". She worked the upper deck. Well, really just ignored us. I am married to cabin crew, see it from both sides, and never ever talk about these matters on the aircraft, or even in the bar. However, being rather middle-aged, it took me a while to work out what her problem was. I have thought long and hard about the whole incident. I have come to the conclusion, after some long thoughts about it all, and the next time I encounter this attitude on the aircraft the crew member gets offloaded. Unsafe to operate. I could not depend on them in an emergency, and they are not safe to operate.