PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - c152 missing between Hamilton and New Plymouth NZ POB1
Old 25th Jul 2009, 03:27
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nike,

As you have probably guessed I think Part 141 is an unnecessary encumberance of paper work and bureaucracy.

My last comment was tongue in cheek. CAA have used similar events in the past to justify their actions. If this sad accident had involved a trainee from a non Part 141 organisation it would not surprise me if CAA used it to promote the introduction of Part 141.

I think most training organisations, whether or not they are part 141, try to do their best by their students with the resources (including instructors) available to to them. There has been a lack of experience in instructing ranks due to the high turnover of recent times. With this accident I don't think the quality of training is the issue.

There has been much discussion on how to solve this problem. It's dog eat dog. Some places pay their instructors a fair wage, others...... well who knows. Then we have the age old problem of new instructors/pilots being willing to work for free to get that first job. How do the places that pay well compete with places that don't pay and pilots that are willing to work for free?

As much as I don't think regulation is the way to fix a problem sometimes it seems it is the only way. The suggestion that organisations need to be capable of paying their staff properly and this is monitored might be one way.