PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 25th Jul 2009, 00:18
Nutjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealine

As long as everyone remains solidly opposed to the change of contracts, BA cannot force the issue legally
Unless they use SOSR, which (if you'd read this thread thoroughly) you'd begin to see requires very little "evidence of necessity" on BA's part in order to IMPOSE new contracts on us.

Others, who appear far better educated than me on this subject, seem pretty certain that Willie will block any strike with a legal challenge. So, you'd better hope that BASSA haven't made even the slightest mistake in any of the build-up to industrial action. I get their letters all the time and they're more fantasy than fact and little more than playground taunts. Meat and drink to Willie imo.

Be sure that you're backing the right horse if you follow BASSA out on strike. You're braver than me if you do and doubly brave in the current climate - especially against Willie, who seems unlikely to shower the perceived troublemakers in Hotline tickets as his predecessor did.

Nutjob
[Ecstatic about all the changes I appear destined to have forced upon me, simply because my union is acting like children]
[And hoping against hope for a decent redundancy offer - and not fancying my chances!]

Last edited by Nutjob; 25th Jul 2009 at 09:37.