PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 24th Jul 2009, 23:13
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One does find the same old childlike disdain for Trades Unions rather distasteful.

Let me assure you, in the Terminals on the Ramp and Check In (and the Watersplash clerical workers) both GMB and Unite are standing solidly with the Cabin Crew in total rejection of any contractual changes. I hope a strike can be avoided, but if it comes to the crunch, based on the show of hands at our mass meetings, I would expect almost 100% support.

There are quite a few issues which can't be divulged, at this stage, to which no sane British worker would ever willingly agree. As long as everyone remains solidly opposed to the change of contracts, BA cannot force the issue legally so I don't really see the need for a strike.

Both sides need a cooling off period to gather their thoughts and then get back to talking. Eventually a compromise agreement will be reached I am sure.

Casting blame on anyone, Management, BASSA or Ground Staff will not help anyone - please stop it now and give both sides breathing space!