PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - c152 missing between Hamilton and New Plymouth NZ POB1
Old 24th Jul 2009, 23:00
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Issues

There are two issues being discussed here, and I dont think they are really wrapped up with each other. One being "WTF was he doing out there that night in those condx" and second "His training, or lack of (add experience of his intructors, pay, CAA negligence etc) contributed."

All the issues surrounding the instructors, their pay or lack of, and the CAAs unwillingness to help more experienced pilots who want to give something back are all very valid points, and ones I agree with. Dont forget though why we all, mostly, got into this game....to fly a jet for an airline. Ask yourself, if you were offered the same money to instruct in C152s or fly a jet....what would you take? We are all ambitious, thats why we are where we are, and we all want to continually challenge ourselves and to expand and learn, thats how we get that experience. Its not a bad thing, its to be encouraged, its a great job afterall. However, when its time to give back, it should be an easy process. remoak can probably give a good account of the lack of help from C*#nts Against Aviation unlimited, and Id be interested to know in fact. Afterall, they are charging Pax more tax on their tickets so they can move to a flash new office next to the beehive, obviously THATs more important than say, the airport?!

Although, I cant imagine any LACK of training put that pilot where he ended up that night...it is pure bad decision making. He must have known the wx that night. And who in their right mind would depart to fly over that terrain, at night, in a lighty without knowing the enroute and destination wx? And knowing the wx, who then would take off? It is a truly staggering lack of judgement, and in this case, I dont think the experience level of his instructors, his training or wise words would have made a difference. Ask yourself, would you have done this flight?