PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - c152 missing between Hamilton and New Plymouth NZ POB1
Old 24th Jul 2009, 03:36
conflict alert

This is an interesting statement conflict
I was being sacarastic. The idea that someone would make a decision to fly a single engine aircraft, at night, VFR, on a x/country into forcast ****e stuns me and can only assume the decision to fly was because he was, as the media lablelled him, "experienced". Hence my sacarasm. My point (perhapes badly written) was that an experienced pilot would in my view have spent the night on the ground. My point about the sausage factories is that because of the self imposed school minima's it is likely that students with their instructors are not flown into adverse conditions and therefore are not shown any techniques in the live enviroment so that when a student PPL or CPL unwittingly gets themselves in trouble at least they have a fighting chance using some of the options available. I think half the trouble is that there are very few career instructors left. Most instructors are hour builders who have been taught by hour builders who have been taught by hour builders and so on. As we all know I could quite easily go from no hours to a CCat in 1 year or less and be teaching with only a few hundred hours under my belt. Where's the experience in that?