PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - c152 missing between Hamilton and New Plymouth NZ POB1
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 10:47
ZK-NSN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conflict - As most people within the aviation industry are aware, the media dont know ass from elbow.

shudder the thought if it was someone who went through one of these sausage schools who won't let their pilots fly in vis less than 20km and cloud base below 3000ft thereby teaching them NO experience except they have a commercial licence at the end of it, therefore must be experienced, because their licence says so!!!
Im a little confused as to what your trying to say here mate. So a pilot from a sausage factory wouldnt have made it as far as this unfortunate chap did before he / she crashed too?
To an extent, especially with CPL's, experience cant be taught, its gained once your out in the big bad world. A CPL is after-all a licence to learn.
This may sound harsh to those who knew him and premature before a full investigation is completed but it looks as though decision making before he even left the ground is where the wheels came off in this situation. Im not saying he was a bad pilot, but he may have just made some bad decisions in the heat of the moment, someting I have done many times in my GA career but was lucky enough to get away with.
My only hope is that any appropriate lessons are learnt, so that the same thing doesnt happen again.