PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dassault sued over Falcon 900 accident
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 09:14
NuName

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, look at all the pontificating I confess I am not a fan of all things French but I love Falcons, 4,200 hours on them 2,400 on the 50/900. The airplane does all that is asked of it providing the pilot does all that's required. The problem is, when one pay's a large sum of money to get what one believe's to be the ultimate in zero flight time training and something as fundemental as the reluctance of the aircraft to rotate in certain circumstaces is not addressed, it is unforgivable. It is not just a case of overpowering the elevator, it is easy to pull back to the stops, it is simply that the dammed thing will not respond to pilot input unless it is trimmed correctly. If you have not experienced it, it is a bit like when you hit the brakes in your car and the pedal falls to the floor, you feel like you have just accelerated in a dramatic fashion. When your thundering down the runway at gross, and the end is in sight, one could be forgiven for opting to not get airborne if, even for a fraction of a second, it seems that the flight controls are not responding. And why, one thinks, did the CAA find it necessary to ammend the flight manual.