PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Job Front - Note to the Unions, Chief Pilots, Agencies and Fellow Pilots
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 08:58
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps its because they are better pilots, perhaps its having contacts in the industry, perhaps they can spell on application forms, perhaps they put together a nicer CV, maybe they answered the interview questions better or showed better interpersonal skills
If only! It's all about who can draw the bigger cheque nowawdays. It's about who is the biggest financial risk taker. It's about who can we bend over backwards and screw financially. It's about who we can get the most out of while losing the least. It's about who we can make a roaming contractor without having to look after their travel and accomodation expenditure. It's about who is willing to pay 70k for integrated courses and then £40k for TR+150 hour line training packages.

I think what DreamShiner has said can be applied to 2 years ago and not just today. It’s true that in the face of hardships only we can do anything that will help our situation and yes I agree, ultimately everyone is responsible for their own success. However, I don’t see any problem with DreamShiner highlighting bad and immoral practices which result in unfair treatment and discrimination. These practices are after all ruining the entire industry. The cost of training is going up, the number of pre-reqs (which cost money) are going up and salaries are going down. If pilots re-adjust and adapt to the industry any further in 10 years time the max they will ever earn will be on par with bus drivers. This is exactly what MOL wants for sure.