PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Job Front - Note to the Unions, Chief Pilots, Agencies and Fellow Pilots
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 08:02
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Dreamshiner,
I too find myself in similar situation however having a foreign language will not really help in this case ( I have fluent French as I am native speaker and even more fluent English as I have lived here for 30years) and I can't get a single French speaking airline to respond to my emails and applications!
Right now there is simply f****all work and that's that!
I was however employed by the company on the ground first and was asked to pay for my TR and was lucky enough to work for a year in the right seat before being made redundant and as such I do have hours of type and hope this will help in the future...or get me my old job back if and when the company finds its feet again!
I am happy to have a turboprop rating however as I think it (MAY) improve my chances as so far there seems to be more jet pilots on the market, but only time will tell. As far as your very last 2 comments ....couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!! Good luck, don't lose hope, it's hard and like you I was never enclined to instruct and especially have no more money to train as such......
feel that keeping my TR up to date is possibly money better spent.
Good luck everyone in the same boat, IT SUCKS!!!!!