PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Navigating Concorde
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2002, 15:41
twistedenginestarter
ENTREPPRUNEUR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure McD is a really nice person and I'll buy the first round if we ever meet. However I still stand by my principle that moderators have never been democratically justified here by the PPRuNe Community. On more than one occasion I've asked why we have them but never is there an answer.

Maybe she took exception to 411A but I'll wager my salary 411A was well withing the bounds of reasonable banter and if McD disapproves then she should look elsewhere in the wonderful universe of the World Wide Web. If 411A wants to take a few snipes at Concorde (with some substance to what he is saying) then I don't easily see why some stranger should wade into our conversation uninvited and start laying down rules - their rules. America may be the Land of Free Speech, but so is good old Blighty.

There is already a remedy for prattish posts - people can just ignore them. If on the other hand ppruners want to take issue then who says a thread (or any human discussion) needs to stay on-topic?

McD - tell me who you think 411A was hurting. Before you press the button next time think this- if this were in a pub would someone stick one on 411A. If not then just forget it.