PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My-helicopter-hell-Pensioner-wants-ASBO
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 17:12
kevin_mayes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, but you can only land on agricultural land for a period of twenty eight days a year... Where as a garden is avaliable all year for you and ANY visiting heli.

Had this problem with my 47 in our one acre field way, away at the back of the house, the planning lot didn't like it and served an enforcement order on us even though I only used it every three weeks or so, forcing us to move to a house three doors up with a larger garden, now the 47 sits proudly in the front garden in full view... mind you I spent some time with the new couple from next door and arranged a flight for one of them, he loved it and we have no complaints - wonder why...

Strangely all the complaints that I did have in the village here all seem to be from people that have recently moved in, knowing I had a helicopter and other odd hobbies, having said that they also complain about the street lights, yellow lines, tourist, litter, price of fish, need I go on? Then they get the lawn mower and strimmer out for three hours every Sunday afternoon!

Kevin.