PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2009, 19:58
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day dreamer

I can see that by the speed of your response that you might well be an office jock, possibly Press or Union related.
Your powers of deduction come nowhere near your optimism, I actually work for a local authority on a 24/7 rota so could equally post at any time of day, any day of the week. Thankfully, for the public, you are not a policeman.

The bargaining unit are RYR Pilots yes, but over 1/3rd of the workforce are BRK a factor that should be considered in the interests of fair play alone.
Leave no straw unclutched should be your motto. At least you have accepted the composition of the bargaining unit, the only entity recognised in law, but in a later post you keep on going.

I suggest that at each base a Pilot gets in touch with each BRK pilot and obtains their e-mail BALPA member or Not.
Then a mass e-mail is sent out to gauge the feeling for inclusion in the final vote.
Should there be a majority then you can approach BALPA to include the BRK pilots in the final count.
Wrong, the law is the law, BALPA can't change it, if you wish to stand for election and persuade a majority of both houses to do so. Until then, dream on.
The reality for BRK guys is that they only mirror whole swathes of UK workforce most of which is run on 50% or more agency labour and BRK = agency. I see it in my workplace. When we have a ballot on T&Cs agency are excluded as their contract is with their agency, not my employer. even when they join the union I am limited in how far I can represent due to this. I wish it were different, I was in their position until I was taken on directly. Welcome to the real world.

al446 I suggest that you too should stop posting on an AIRCREW site as you could never fully understand what we have gone through as members of BALPA and not been adequately supported, and in some cases actively sold down the Swanee.
First, I will not stop posting unless the mods decide I should not. You, RSS, CommandB, etc are posting on a public forum and should expect input. In my case I think it has been helpful to some as nobody else seemed to be taking the actuality of the law into account and I posted the link to clarify the situation, until then everything was misinformation including speculation dressed as fact. If you are uneasy with my posts then try to factually destroy them.
For what it is worth I think it would serve you well to request a closed RYR page which would remove me.

Its a pity that you like many committed unionists dont read what is written as you only see what you want to see. (Or your wife tells you to see)
Please give examples. I mostly read things at least twice, especially when it has to do with the law, I have to when representing members. I mentioned my wife only in the context of Unite (I notice you have not addressed the rest of that para re being approached by an airline). As with any relationship that has lasted 27 years we tend to reach consensus, or not as the case may be, and neither shapes the thinking of the other. As good union people we share experiences and each takes away from that what we will, not as instructed. I think I may understand more about the business of aviation than you understand about unions, or free thinking come to that.

If you include the BRK pilots, which has been part of my argument then that is one battle in the war won.
A good leader fights the battles they CAN win, not the ones they dream of winning.

Your final point on Thatcher etc had some limited merit a long time ago, almost 30 years ago. The debate/argument over that should not be carried out in this forum but if you wish to direct me to one that is more appropriate I will be only too happy to join discussion with you. I do find it disappointing that you approach industrial relations with that parrot sat on your shoulder.

This discussion is about the future of RYR pilots and how their T&Cs have and will be eroded, it is in the interest of those of us further down the pay scales do not see this happen as it is probably the only part of trickle-down that will happen ie we shall be hit harder.