PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Additional Qualification Pay - TRI/TRE/LTC
Old 21st Jul 2009, 07:53
Mike Roweburst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Additional Qualification Pay - TRI/TRE/LTC

There seems to be a force in aviation lately, driving towards getting something for nothing. However, the value of good quality training cannot be overstated. Many Airlines appear to be trying to save money by providing minimum training not only for new recruits but also during recurrent training programs. This ultimately impacts upon flight safety. Therefore, as a quality check of sorts, please could I ask for some help in getting values for qualification pay given to trainers with the following qualifications:
TRE, TRI, LTC

I realise that pay isn't everything, but it is a starting point. As a highly qualified and experienced professional, I'm sure that one would not expect to have to provide one's services for free. Or indeed, to have the quality of one's experience devalued by suggesting that it is not worth the additional pay.

Please help me out by letting me know what value your Airline places on your qualification(s), and also your thoughts on the matter of training standards within the industry.

Thank you, in anticipation, for your replies to this thread.