PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 20th Jul 2009, 21:06
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure what the problem of Re-Heats post is - he/she is simply saying that the Cabin Service at other airlines they have flown with, with less crew, can be superior/equally as good as that at BA where some flights could be considered overcrewed. I have a fair idea of how cabin service works (having done it for some time) and am not sure where his conclusion that the "experience onboard", shall we say, is not governed by the number of crew onboard.

I have absolutely no complaints about the flights I have had as a Pax with BA, the crew have always been excellent, friendly and most importantly given me a free beer! But equally as a regular user of Flybe I would say, (though I have had to bring my own bottle so to speak), they're onboard teams are usually very cheerful and on short hops still take the time (2 of them on the Dash) to make you feel welcome. I don't miss the free beer because I have paid less, they get me closer to my door than BA does, and because they offer the service they advertise with a smile.

Yes the more bits you add to the product the more time it takes, and therefore, the more useful an extra pair of hands are, but then I remember travelling on a Charter carrier on a 1hr30min flight where 3 crew provided drinks, hot food, duty free and a paid second bar all without much complaint. It can be done though, it is fair to say, BA crew didn't join for the Charter lifestyle I suppose - but then you have to ask yourself - is their really room for that sort of luxury anymore?

Sad as it is - when the Southwest Airlines model became "Pandemic" the good ol days were the victim.

Last edited by Matt101; 21st Jul 2009 at 08:07.