PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2009, 19:19
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a bit confused by some of the contents of Leo's - once again anonymous - anti union tirade. It says that BALPA are proud to have negotiated pay cuts in various airlines and on the back of that they invite more members. From what I hear the RYR pilots have taken significant cuts in T's & C's WITHOUT negotiations. It might be that those other airlines had forward thinking employees who would rather tighten belts to save jobs and share some pain. However, they were asked about it. From what is written on here the RYR pilots had a fait accompli to take a cut. The 2 qtrly losses which allowed such a move were not created by crews. They were working in the 105m euro profit making bit. The other loss making bit was firmly camped in mission control. Again: there was no discussion! I hear it was option 1 or 2 both decided by management, and if no choice was made you'd get whichever the bosses wanted to impose. How does that fall into the category of direct negotiations with employees?
Please enlighten us as to how poor/lacking communications and enforcement can be a good manner in which to conduct industrial relatons in 21st century. Once again please tell us which group of employees has conducted industrial sucide recently, and more specifically airline crews. Don't be so cras. And in airlines where CRM and transparency of decision making is thrust down our throats at every chance, and where it is considered absolutely wrong to conduct work planning in a dictatorial manner, I find it disappointing that a management, and some of its supporters, can advocate such a working enviroment so contrary to what they preach. A little less hypocrasy please.