PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - secret service agent denied boarding
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2002, 00:01
T_richard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excuse me if I add my two cents here. The issues are simple if we sweep away all the rhetoric. #1: A SS agent attempts to board with questionable paperwork. Q: If any citizen approached the same SS agent at a White House checkpoint with questionable paper work what would happen. Probable answer, A lenghty conversation for the record in a locked room with a posted guard. #2: Same SS agent threatens "higher power" etc. Q: what would happen if you presented that argument to same SS agent at same checkpoint. Probable answer: Time frame of said lenghty conversation would expand exponentally, legal counsel would be offered. #3: SS agent leaves bag on seat says "don't leave without me" Q: you walk up to same SS agent at same checkpoint put luggage at his feet, start walking away as you say " I'll be back!" what happens next? Probable answer; SS agent and colleagues draw weapons, strongly suggest that you lie face down where you stand and search you. Later you may imply racism, sexism or any other -ism, you would have years to file your briefs and appeals from federal prison. Bottom line IMHO, the agent acted like an arrogant a##, the Captain acted within his rights and responsibilities. The lawyers will run up some billable hours,the press will report everything, most incorrectly and hopefully this agent will get to guard polar bear traps at the North Pole.