PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My-helicopter-hell-Pensioner-wants-ASBO
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2009, 16:20
verticalhold

The Veloceraptor of Lounge Lizards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right head right above the parapet.

I earn my living as a helicopter pilot, I live 1100m from this landing site inthe next vllage. I have no problem wih either the 269 or R44 which I have seen and heard landing, I just wonder why the pilots have taken little notice of the BHAB code of good conduct. I Have never met any of the people named in the articles, but I am irritated by the lack of airmanship and good "neighbourliness" I have witnessed on the part of the pilots concerned.

They seem incapable of going straight to their site without telling the rest of us they have arrived. I do get thoroughly p***ed off when I go into my local pub to be interrogated about whether what is going on is either legal or safe and whether it is one of my pilots.

Helicopter pilots have a duy of care to fly in the most considerate manner possible, I suggest that this has not been the case here. Maybe some basic human decency towards Mrs Pringle could save a lot of grief for the rest of us who have to earn a living from helicopters and are used to flying with the utmost care for the public in mind. (interestingly I can find no records of Heli-Hire with the CAA anywhere)