PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do with BA miles as I wont fly with them again!
Old 19th Jul 2009, 23:18
barstow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope it doesn't sound trite, or sarcastic, but it's actually quite nice to see there's at least 2 BA employees who are restoring my faith in BA's humanity - kudos to you! I didn't think that it was possible for 100% of an airline to be brainwashed into machine mentality...

Pax Vobiscum, I wholeheartedly agree - the tradition of Germanic service has always been a reputation based on tolerance-bordering-on-contempt, but has been rapidly changing over the last 10 years. I see the shape-up concept of a takeover solely based on a customer responsive group, which for survival AF/KLM has to be, and which BA never has been, nor required to be due to their "glass monopoly".

Crepello, a small amount of flexibility costs an airline in the big picture nothing. To lose a regular pax for saving the office work of verifying his "good story" (one phone call to his doctor with family's permission to disclose) and changing his booking vs. losing a customer is just bad business. Airlines run badly don't survive, especially in a competitive, and low margin environment. Simple as that, and at least 2 employees here understand their jobs rely on that fact.

radeng, It is immaterial if the personnel are Servisair under contract from BA. If BA aren't aware their contractors aren't performing to an acceptable standard, then they aren't getting value for their money (whatever it is).

Last edited by barstow; 19th Jul 2009 at 23:34.