PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2009, 18:24
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vexed

"I know from the guys and girls I fly with on the line that we are far better than that"

Yes you are better than that, BUT are you prepared to have an open vote of ALL pilots RYR and BRK as to their feelings towards a BALPA represented company ?

Also are you prepared to allow a base closure, which I feel will happen should say a smaller base vote for recognition ?
With the loss of Jobs all positions, Pilots, Cabin Crew, Engineers, Ground Staff etc along with the knock on effects to their families.

All this will be on the conscience of those voted yes, which will be more representative if ALL pilots were allowed to express their opinions, not just a select few.

It must be obvious to all who read this site that excluding a large and getting larger number of pilots from the vote is undemocratic, just because they are considered as contractors. (Another topic of discussion)

Your case would hold much more weight, if an open non partisan vote was to be carried out at each base.
Under these circumstances should a base vote for BALPA and subsequently be closed they collectively would only have themselves to blame.

BALPA are feeding you their data, which may or not have substance but from what I read and hear from many RYR pilots they will not risk their careers or the futures of their families for a few promises that things might improve / change in the future. (Nothing is immediate in the union world)

Now is not the time to go down this road, whilst no time is particularly a good time, the current economic climate and job market will not allow you (BALPA) to call the managements bluff, the cost is too great.