PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2009, 07:13
CommandB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DANNYALLIGA,
"to those 5000 you should subtract car park, uniforms, hotels, loss of license, pension scheme, transportation to/from sims....and considering we fly more hours/year that any other airline in the business (up to the max legal limit of 900) I cannot blame some of us feeling treated like slaves if compared to other colleagues doing the same job.
Go and ask any BA/LH/AF/KL/IB/EZ etc. Capt what his net take home would be flying 900 hours/year and also ask him about his benefits.
See where modern slavery starts now?"

Car park is a few hundred quid. I pay mine in one go £120. Not really breaking the bank.
Uniforms - well if your mummy likes to change your uniform every term, fine, but most of us will have on that lasts for a good few years. £80 for the jacket, £20 for a pair of black trousers, £5 for a white shirt?...You make it sound like its a constant expense?
Loss of licence/pension - ill give you them.
Transportation to and from the sim...you having a laugh? If you're in the UK - ill presume you are as you are posting on a thread about UK based pilots - then either drive, which in my car costs around 8pence per mile, or get the train. Or get the bus which is super cheap. And again you are making out that its a constant expense. Im sorry mate but if you are trying to convince me that Ryanair treat me as a slave then you are going to have to do a lot harder.
Its very difficult but I can just about survive my 5/4 (which I fly 4 or 5 of!), my hard commute of 20 mins to my base, my month off plus my 2 blocks of 10 days, plus any other days I wish to take off, last few months been clearing £4000 net, this month and next I requested out of base - been granted 3 weeks working 5 days every week so next two months ill be clearing a considerable amount more.
Life is so very very hard.