PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 17th Jul 2009, 14:17
Lauderdale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIB - you sent me this message;

A friend of my daughter got a job as cabin crew at LGWlast year . She lasted five weeks. She would phone up her Dad and say that she was too tired to drive home, such was her fatigue from multiple short sectors and then a longhaul flight the next day. Since she resigned she now has a much better job that pays nearly twice as much. The only good thing to come out of her experience is that she had BA on her CV, which still helps obviously..
Sorry I haven't replied thus far - it's just that I spent the last 2 hours on the floor laughing my head off. Either your friends daughter suffers from iron-deficient anemia or you have the best sense of humour in the world!

I am very (VERY!) familiar with the rosters and flying patterns in LGW and they are nowhere near as demanding as EZY's or many of the others. I am not saying ezy should be the benchmark but LGW has a quite reasonable andd stable roster pattern that many outthere would love to operate on.

I too know of some stalward BA crew who think a there and back PFO surmounts to inhumane working conditions (God forbid the LGW SSH would ever turn in a there and back!) - but they just make the point that 'they' are still living in 'lala' land.