PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 17th Jul 2009, 13:44
Poof in Boots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I have been in BA a long time, and I never thought I would see the day that even the Ayling era would be surpassed for fiscal mismanagement, commercial ineptitude and operational naivety.

This is a new low in the history of British Airways. There is no confidence in the current management (apart from shareholders!) from frontline staff who have had to bear the brunt of facing hostile passengers, disruption to work patterns and rosters, and the general undermining of the brand.

Obviously most of you here cannot see it. You picture the current scenario as a management/union standoff. Well, low pay and rubbish T&C's have not made any difference at Aer Lingus or VIRGIN or EXCEL or BMI or countless other operators who have sacrificed quality of service over cutting pay. They are still in the pomme frite.

BA will only survive if it maintains the quality of its people. You cut the pay, you cut the quality. It is as simple as that.

Witness today the upbeat message from our CEO who is apparently now suffering from schizophrenia. One day it is all over unless the cabin crew unions agree to drop their trousers, and today things aren't so bad. Yet OpenSkies has failed. as predicted. What is to be done about this debacle? You could not make it up.