PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 17th Jul 2009, 12:20
Poof in Boots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lauderdale.

I am not a liberty here to discuss pilots T&C's.

However just to say that they have what BA cabin crew originally wanted. New starter rates (lower of course), then after 5 years they go onto existing pay scales. With cabin crew the low pay starter rate is basically the Single Fleet at LGW, which most crew see as a stepping stone to better T&C's at LHR. Very few crew there are content with their financial situation which condemns them to low pay for ever. It is not a career choice. Soon the bridge to LHR will be burned..

A friend of my daughter got a job as cabin crew at LGWlast year . She lasted five weeks. She would phone up her Dad and say that she was too tired to drive home, such was her fatigue from multiple short sectors and then a longhaul flight the next day. Since she resigned she now has a much better job that pays nearly twice as much. The only good thing to come out of her experience is that she had BA on her CV, which still helps obviously..