PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2009, 12:06
The Real Slim Shady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys, I had a problem with the power supply to my lapatop and had to conserve the battery until the replacement arrived.

So to respond in some sort of sequence:

aldente

Well Slim, as a Captain (15 years plus),I pay less than £39 per month (before tax !), don't tell me you believe the £1000 quoted by the company in DOB and EW's rhetoric .......

You're so gullible ......
And you are so poorly paid if as a 15 yr Captain you are making less than the FO I flew with yesterday!! £3900 a month......are you kidding me?? Of course you are probably a turboprop Captain in a BALPA airline.
al446
If you had used the eyedrops and read my post properly you would know my stance re BALPA and, if you read my previous posts in other forums you will observe that I have consistently said that I do not work in aviation and am a Unison steward, BALPA central have never contacted me. If the vote goes for recognition then it is up to FR pilots to organise within that union, elect spokespeople and promulgate their manifesto, have it approved by the members and then put it to management. I dont know of any union who has gone into a workplace with a manifesto in place, as said, that is in the hands of the organisation you put in place. I use'you' loosely.
And if you had taken the eyedrops you would have NB'd that the comment was directed at 100%- hundredpercent- not you. DOH!!!!

There is no point in arguing the toss over the interpretation of an Act of Parliament:when the case is ventilated before a Judge, or the CAC, it matters not how you, pushing your lacklustre case for Unite, or me, pushing my case for rejection of the BALPA application, care to trade arguments, but how the Court or Legislature interprets and applies the law.

So we are back to the bargaining unit of 1 - you. Do all the pilots echo your view? Oh, I forgot, you had a 'ballot'.
Firstly, for someone who isn't a pilot, isn't a Ryanair pilot, and probably doesn't harbour an interest in becoming one, you have a great deal to say on an issue that you have no influence on. My bargaining unit was, if you had taken the time to read my earlier posts, always the BRK and RYR contract pilots: since the issue of recognition poses a massive question to the security of everyone's job, it strikes me as being just that the BRK should have a say too.

Under whose auspices are these ballots carried out? Can it be shown that undue pressure has not been exerted? It seems about as valid as witchcraft but a bit more dangerous.
Are you completely delusional? The pilots organised their own in house ballots to determine whether or not they want BALPA to proceed with the application for their base; remember the BALPA spread bet, by applying individually for the 10 UK bases? Are you seriously suggesting that they do not have the right to express an opinion? Are you seriously suggesting that yo and your union lackeys are the only individuals blessed with the integrity to conduct a ballot? Are you denying the pilots the right to express an opinion?

So we are back to the bargaining unit of 1 - you. Do all the pilots echo your view? Oh, I forgot, you had a 'ballot'.
It matters not on here whether I represent the views of my guinea pig, cat or hamster. What matters is that the majority of pilots expressed a preference for BALPA to withdraw their application: simples!

t66

If there is a recognition vote initiated by the CAC, it will encompass 100% of the employees at the bases concerned. Nothing to do with BALPA membership or otherewise
Not quite me old: the legislation talks about union members, not workers. The first stages, which ca result in recognition, only deals with union members.

commandB

Now onto a slightly different matter. Surely if the CAC have petitions from various bases (currently 5/10) where the majority of WORKERS, not just Balpa members, have voted against recognition, this MUST be taken into account? Could the CAC say recognition cannot apply at those bases?
Regrettably not: the only solution is a Judicial Review.

Dim Repa

Question:If being in a union is such a bad thing andso career threatening,as some would have us believe, in ryanair.Why is it that all bar one of the senior pilot post including the head of training and chief pilot in ryanair are members of the Irish Airline Pilots Association?
Being a union member and recognition are different issues.