PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Jul 2009, 11:58
Charlie Pop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auditors don't recommend pay rises, you do understand that don't you? Are you also suggesting that PWC would sacrifice it's impartiality, possibly opening itself up to legal action and and the kind of bad publicity that sent Arthur Andersons under, just to help BA pull a fast one on Unite?

As for union reps being unable to attend a meeting, how many have you got? This sounds like 'unable to attend' in the same way they were unable to attend the final pensions meeting, despite everybody else adjourning the meeting for 9 hours and waiting for them at Waterside.

I wonder if Unites accountants are willing to sign a confidentiality agreement with BA before looking through their books, and if the information they receive after signing such an agreement would be prevented from permeating through the rest of the Unite structure.

It sounds like another trail of excuses from BASSA HQ. I'm no accountant but even I can see that their claims of savings are grossly exaggerated. It would be bad news to have that exposed by an independent auditor.