PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do with BA miles as I wont fly with them again!
Old 16th Jul 2009, 09:31
profot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetset Lady, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be and I know customers continually take the p**s and want everything for nothing but in this case they were not even remotely interested.

I am not sure of the exact words but it went along the lines of is he actually dead yet? No? then in that case we cant help you you will have to purchase another ticket but try to look at it that you only paid GBP3k for this one so if you buy another one it will only seem like paying a little over a fully flexible fare!

I could have very easily emailed or posted them a copy of the surgeons prognosis for my Father and actually rather than trying to get a refund I thought the cheapest option for BA would be to give me a different date later in the year allowing them to re sell my ticket, I did this out of concern for them losing revenue in these tough times.

I know that everyone is at a scam, and i know that if I wanted to be able to change my ticket at will then I should have bought the fully flexible fare but these were exceptional circumstances and I just thought perhaps a little customer loyalty would have meant something, I do not expect anything above anyone else as Rainboe so abruptly suggested, I would like to think BA would have helped anyone else out too!

Anyway, I didn't really come on here to slag BA off, I was just trying to find a way to get rid of my miles.

Thanks for your input