PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DJ PILOTS vs QF PILOTS
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2002, 02:21
hvy 18 wheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

If you think that a second officer who joins QF with 500 hrs total time and a MECIR with no ( absolutely no ) twin experience, and with absolutley no multi crew experience, and with pimples, and with a daddy in the big airline and with the ability to pass the famed QF psyche test then yes QF have got it right in their recruitment process. They seem to rather take more of the lesser plebs that the bigger fish from G.A. Now i wonder if you took a survey of new recruits into QF and asked them how much money they spent on trying to get into QF you would be quite surprised. Alot of guys and front bums have spent a considerable amount of money on interview technique courses etc and why do you think this is so?
Is it that they are just as i had described them before, totally inexperienced pilots who don't even know how to wipe their own arse without any training.
I think its a farce that QF lets such inexperienced little pilots into such a major airline and then mixes them with the highly experienced moguls in the left and right hand seat. But then maybe you are sorry that it will take the better part of your carreer to get into the left hand seat of a 737 with QF let alone the left seat of a 744. God help you when QF start recruiting direct entry contract captains and first officers to Aussie airlines instead of keeping the initial few QF mainline pilots on. Have you thought for a second about this or are you just a little man with a big chip on his shoulder now that you are flying the rat?

While you bag the guys who pay $20k + for their 737 ratings ( and get it paid back to them after a period of time ) you are probably not aware that if you get yourself a P1 rating with the rat and then leave withing a certain time frame after the endorsement you will be paying alot more for the privelage that the boys at DJ!

Remember this is discount airline you are talking about, operating in a country that has never seen this in its little aviation life, the only reason the pilots pay for the endorsement is to keep training costs down, keep an eye on them over the next few years from your back seat in the cockpit and wonder how it would have felt if you had of gotten that opportunity to invest in your future.
They are probably looking out of their cockpit windows at you thinking i am sooo lucky i didn't end up a second officer flying the rat for so many years to command.

Or finally maybe you are just p1ssed off that they had the money to pay for it and you didn't coz your training salary was just a little more than what they paid for their endorsements!

You small minded individual