PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair wants compensation from NATS
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2002, 00:29
HugMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, 411A, yet again you are wrong, on several counts:-
  1. Ryanair's operation bears no similarity whatsoever to Southwest.
  2. Low-cost carriers are not "the wave of the future" either, except possibly on short-haul services. IT and long-haul are very different markets.
  3. Most people with whom I have talked hate everything that Ryanair stands for not because it is a low-cost carrier, but because it treats everyone - staff, passengers, suppliers - like dirt. The only thing that they want out of anyone is MONEY. I have nothing whatsoever against low-cost carriers. If Go/easyJet or Buzz were to offer me a job tomorrow, I'd snap their hands off in my enthusiasm.
Furthermore, when the industry recovers (as it will, in the cyclical nature of the industry) the boot will be on the other foot. And it will be planted where many, many pilots are dying to apply it - bend over please, Mr. O'Leary! Well, why not? He has demonstrated time and again that he has no loyalty whatsoever to his staff - why should they feel any loyalty to him? Anyone with half a qualification (for which they will have paid) will be up and out first chance they get. And good luck to them.