PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do with BA miles as I wont fly with them again!
Old 15th Jul 2009, 21:48
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radeng,

And maybe flexibility would be more likely if people didn't take the proverbial quite so regularly! Take buggies on board as a pefect example. Technically, they are supposed to be in the hold. We don't often have room for them on shorthaul aircraft, but in the past, if we had a light load, I'd try to be helpful by accepting them on whilst reiterating that it was only because the aircraft was half empty. Most of my colleagues would do the same. Then it slowly dawned on me that I was spending more and more time arguing with parents who were still determined to bring their ridiculously oversized buggies onboard, despite it being obvious that the aircraft was full to overflowing. And their reasoning was always, "Well they let us on our last flight!" It seems I wasn't the only one, so guess what. Now we have a blanket ban. As usual, the idiots have ruined it for all.

Do you get what I'm trying to say here? Yes, profot was in an awful situation. One that I wouldn't wish upon anyone. And yes, he was obviously someone who had spent a lot of money with us. And yes, in an ideal world, his past history would have been looked at and the appropriate decision made. But repeated abuse of the system means that the ability to be flexible has now been taken from us.

As for your situation, I can't see what else BA could have done. They put you up in a hotel and, when there was no Club seat available for you on the flight out, probably because they were now trying to accomodate two passenger loads on one aircraft, they offered you either direct travel out in Euro Traveller or a Club seat on the next available flight. If you had have been connecting and needed to take the first flight, you would have been compensated for the fact that you had not got the Club seat you had paid for, as you would have been if your connection had been on the day of the original flight. That is standard. What more would you have expected them to do? Yes, the original flight was cancelled which was a pain for all involved, but I'm sorry, things go wrong in aviation, just as they do any other form of transport. We're not miracle workers and there's only so much we can do!

Last edited by jetset lady; 15th Jul 2009 at 22:01. Reason: lack of proof reading!