PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Ryanair still taking on FOs?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2009, 19:24
blackred1443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for what its worth i have never worked for ryr, but i fail to see how this is in anyway relevant.i've never worked for RBS that doesnt mean that i dont understand how fred godwin cocked it up nor have i never been the manager of manchester united doesnt mean i dont know anything about the team.so why just because i have never worked for ryr does that mean that i am wrong in what i am saying.the reason being im 7 years at this and have over 4000 hrs jet, while im far from the voice of experience i would like to think i have built up sufficient experience to spot a scam when i see it.ryr type rating scheme is a scam lets be honest here...the only thing they guarantee is that your 35 grand lighter at the end of it.no promise of a permanent job,no promise of a permenant base, no promises just bull£$%^.these are the facts, and there unfortunately now we're seeing a race to the bottom in this industry being led by ryr.i've worked hard at this and i deeply resent it.to be honest the most troubling thing is all these brand new guys with their brand new licenses think they in some way know it all and that someone like me is blowing smoke out of my backside.when infact they know next to nothing.the great thing about this industry is as soon as you start to disregard the advice of people who are more experienced you tend to get bitten in the backside

if all ye guys want to give o leary 35grand then be my guest but when you get well and truly shafted with forced unpaid leave,short notice base changes, or laid off indefinately because they are great over crewed or your too expensive(because remember they make a cracking profit on the type rating),having to buy your own water,no crew food,paying for your lpc,setting up your own company and all the dodgy tax dealing with crookfield then dont say ye werent warned.

i hope im wrong and i wish ye all the best because you need a great portion of luck to get ahead as a pilot, but please dont make yourselves look arrogant by dismissing the opinion of those who have been in the game longer than you.i dont know everything but im long enough around to know i never want to work for that posionous midget o leary.