PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My-helicopter-hell-Pensioner-wants-ASBO
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2009, 14:59
61 Lafite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please.

From my reading of the article, the lady is talking about a normal frequency of twice a week - 4 movements. Assuming the (somewhat long sounding) 12-15 minutes, it is between 50 and 60 minutes of interruption in an 86,400 minute week, or an interruption of 0.05% of this person's peace and quiet, and that is assuming what appears to be a significantly extended startup and shutdown time.

I have no doubt that the lady genuinely is upset about this, but society is about taking a reasonable approach to everyone's rights and freedoms.

99.95% of the time, this lady gets exactly what she wants. But when someone else impinges on the way she likes the world to be, people start talking Asbos and ancient laws.

Anyone who lives near pub or any kind or working yard will get infrequent, occasional disturbances to their lives. Nobody is entitled to 100% of what they want to the exclusion of everyone else's freedom and liberty.

So this should be seen for what it is: an unreasonable attempt by one person to deny others the ability to do what they want to do, when they already get what they want a huge majority of the time.

My reading may be wrong, but this kind of aggressive denial of the freedom of ordinary people is what needs to be stopped, not the flying.

Lafite