PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Jul 2009, 11:49
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Well done Bealine for holding the fort whilst PiB is having a little sabbatical.
What, by posting complete rubbish? The same bealine who tried to claim (on Flyertalk) that the Church of England was BA's largest shareholder? And who is now so confused between shareholders and shares held, he thinks that the majority of shares in BA are held by private shareholders?

Quote:
I am very surprised that BA has not tried to scrap it, as mentioned before it is very inefficient and costly.
Perhaps BA are not trying to scrap it because the only person who thinks it inefficient and costly is you?
When you have no intelligent argument to put forward, a little ridicule never goes amiss, does it Lord Bracken?

Never mind, as long as you deepen the departmental divisions, eh!

For once, Cabin Crew, Clerical Staff (even those at Watersplash), Check-In, Loaders, Coach Drivers are all together standing firm! Our Unions have offered Willie Walsh proposals which would yield more than the savings he wants but he rejected them out of hand because they are not on "his" terms. (His terms are open-ended - the cuts to our Terms and Conditions are to be left open for further hammering later on!)

Our Trades Unions will not call for strikes at this stage. The last thing anyone wants is foir anyone to harm British Airways - Willie Walsh and his band of idiots have done enough of that already, and caused a run on our shares and a number of passengers to cancel forward bookings. The Trades Unions are determined to act responsibly which is why the shareholders are being targetted.

Despite all the "bneed to save money" and all the compensation given to managers to take Voluntary Severance, a new HR manager was appointed yesterday from Royal Mail on a salary of £180,000 pa. A manager who was paid handsomely to go, is being employed by BA as a "Consultant" and earning £1000 per day.

I'm going to back out of the argument now - suffice to say that I have listened to both sides and I am standing firm with my colleagues and rejecting British Airways' proposals and agreeing to the TU alternative.