PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Jul 2009, 11:42
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware pilots, there is a rally call on the other forums to come on here and attack pilots’ t&cs. They obviously have no other form of defence - BASSA at its' best. Best ignore it, like you would a 5 year old - the mods will delete it all soon enough.

This childish mentally is exactly the reason why we are in the mess we are in. Go onto CrewForum or the BASSA forum where you can read page after page of “thanks lala…we support bassa 100%”. And I mean that literally – page after page of inane one liners. You would need to spend hours searching for an ounce of debate, an intelligent question, or even a discussion on the thread! The only other thing it is used for is attacking and threatening anyone who dares to dispute the BASSA gospel, or making rally calls to come on here or the ESS forum en masse to attack someone. Infantile to say the least.

The ESS forum is also fast becoming dominated by the militant few. Many posters cannot even understand a 4 line post without misinterpreting it, and attacking it vehemently without having thought it through.

How can there possibly be any basic level of understanding of the BA proposal vs the BASSA proposal if this is the level of astuteness that they (the militant minority) have? There are many, many crew who read and do not post, and I am sure that they are confused, bemused or both. I am also sure that they have much higher levels of intelligence than many of those that do post!

To those readers I say Please, read the BA proposals for yourself. Understand that they are not asking for a pay cut. They just want to work us harder. Decide for yourself whether you can give the level of work they need from us. Then vote accordingly. And if you feel you cannot give the level of work that BA require, think very carefully what the option might be. The dole queue – for approximately 35000 people in the London area. How easy will it be to get a job then, one with any T&C’s never mind the treacherous BA ones we appear so eager to turn down now?