PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Ryanair still taking on FOs?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2009, 10:33
MVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CommandB point taken on the water issue, so Ryanair at least go some way to taking responsibility for the duty of care they are required to show you by EU employement law then ;-)

How about sick pay? can any contract pilot expect sick pay?
Life or license insurance?
Medical insurance (how about for their families?)?
Choice of holiday time?
Any conmplaints procedure if you think you are treated unfairly?

Perhaps calling the WANNABIES that are interested in joining your outfit idiots is a bit harsh when I should have said naive? inexperienced? desperate? blinkered?

I'm not interested in an argument either but perhaps what is needed is a more reasoned response from the likes of yourself also.

What frustrates me about the Ryanair t's and c's nonsense is that wannabees seem to think Ryan is some kind of magic airline that can pay well while given you zero extras that the rest of us get as standard. Admitedlly recently it comes down to the fact that they are the only airline recruiting (or were) but why is that? Anything to do with the fact that 'cadets' are grossly underpaid during training? That they overcharge for a TR to make more money out of you/them? That they can change t's and c's on a whim and there is sod all you can do about it? How about forcing unpaid leave? What am I saying there is no 'paid' leave for contractors?

And the final question....Is the Brookfield contract even legal? what other airline do you work for as a brookfield contract pilot? if the answer is no other then you are not self employed and therefore claiming lower tax liabilities illegally....so no argument, how about just straight forward honesty so the wannabies reading this thread might see more than ' they are the only ones recruiting'