PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2009, 09:01
CommandB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I correct in saying the bargaining unit is yet to be decided? As far as Im aware both the union and Ryanair have to put forward their case to the CAC regarding who they feel the bargaining unit consists of, as was the case in 2001? Ryanair/Balpa may well state that BRK pilots should be included if it would help either of their case. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Now onto a slightly different matter. Surely if the CAC have petitions from various bases (currently 5/10) where the majority of WORKERS, not just Balpa members, have voted against recognition, this MUST be taken into account? Could the CAC say recognition cannot apply at those bases?

Again, please correct me if I am wrong but if the majority of the pilots at various bases are voting against it and recognition somehow goes through, Balpa are effectively forcing themselves into bases that have categorically stated they do not want them. Is this not a tad hypocitical in that one of Balpas arguments is that we (the pilots) let FR management force their will on us?

I AM NOT TRYING TO START ANOTHER PRO/ANTI BALPA ARGUEMENT! So please no arsey comments, just informed replies... cheers