PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Jul 2009, 08:56
Reargunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temp pool

Hi Legandwing and bks. The VR are for 2000 cc jobs, not 200. The company's intention is to absorb that work through increased productivity among existing crew plus 500 new starts on the new terms. I have no idea whether they will use the temp pool to recruit those 500...it sounds sensible to me.

However, they do want to keep a temp pool because they can use that group to ensure they keep recruitment at the lower level needed to cover the winter schedule and draw from the pool to cover seasonal increases in work.

Having asked about the new t&c for all new recruits (including temps) it is to be a basic of £11k plus approx £8k of performance based pay, so about the same total as now. The difference is there are no annual increments, which I don't suppose the temps got anyway.

The change to working is to be to fly to scheme, which won't mean a thing to you unless you've flown before.

I hope you get whichever works best for you...temp or perminent and hope to see you on a trip. I think we all hope there will not be a strike!