PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Airworthiness
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2009, 08:12
airsound

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Military Airworthiness

Some of the major military airworthiness protagonists on various threads here will already know this, but other PPRuNErs might also be interested in BBC Radio’s ‘File on 4’ this Tuesday at 2000.
BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - File on 4, 14/07/2009

Although that trailer focusses on Nimrod, the programme also deals in a more general way with such things as Hercules ESF, the conduct of BsoI, and the human rights of the people involved.

Each ‘File on 4’ is a 38-minute single subject documentary, and its investigative journalism won it a Sony Radio Award last year. The judges described it as “current affairs documentary-making at its best”. So it’s something of a coup to have got this thorny subject onto the programme’s schedule. The reporter is the admirable Angus Stickler, who normally works for ‘Today’ - and it’s likely that his story will have sufficient punch to make it onto ’Today’ tomorrow morning as well. I don’t know what time that’ll be, but Today runs from 0600 to 0900 on Radio 4. If I get more on that I’ll post it.

If you miss the 2000 programme, it’s repeated on Sunday at 1700, and you will of course be able to get it on BBC iPlayer.

airsound