PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "49" Dollar Question
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2002, 12:25
BusyB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A once only comment for all those (including Alpha Leader and Shortly) who happily abuse the majority of AOA members who do not take part in this forums's threads.

Those that are happy to tell the AOA members what to do and who to do ito do not seem to have the guts to tell CX management to correct any faults they might have. I would have a lot more respect for the verbose new entrants if they were a bit more even-handed about where the faults might lie but the aggression from a few does not bode well for any future flightdeck.

Shortly, I have researched carefully but have yet to find all these "quite generous offers". An offer that is almost instantly withdrawn is hardly one made with the real intent and can hardly be described as "rejected" if it is no longer there! More to the point has been the unkept promises to improve the rostering that have been made ever since 1994. The truth is that CX does not even use the present rostering and request system correctly. What is the point of negotiating a new system if CX is not even prepared to use the one it has and this dates back to before any contract compliance was introduced. With the present lack of confidence in the integrity of management it is no good just blaming the AOA, as many of the non AOA members feel just as strongly about the untrustworthiness of their managers.

I have used rostering as an example as there are current rules that are ignored by CX. The only answer to any of this is going to be negotiations and that takes both sides, plus the intent to honour any agreement. To get any respect and trust from the pilots will involve the return of the 49'ers as without that no-one could ever again plan on a career with CX.