PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2009, 18:42
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day Dreamer

In certain circumstances your charge of cobblers may hold up, if that is so I will be first to acknowledge such. I certainly was not trying to maliciously influence the debate, if that is what you can call the bun fight I have been viewing over the past couple of weeks or so. As I state in other posts, I am not a pilot and no longer work in aviation, haven't done so for many years, but I do get a might teed off when I see horror stories or wild speculation such as I have seen from the likes of RSS, especially when I have seen the way unions work proactively with employers to ensure longevity of the company and their members' jobs.
If 50% of the pilot group were union members then a ballot would be held however if you have a look at Statutory right to union recognitionyou will see that the situation is more complicated. I accept that in certain circumstances all pilots who are employees would take part in the ballot, the nature of the contract between RYR and BRK pilots would have to be determined as they appear to be independent contractors who may be gone the next day with no recompense, perhaps even more reason for them to join a union. If they cannot be shown to be direct employees then they would have no part in the ballot. I emphasise, I have no idea of the true situation within RYR but that is greatly due to the distorted postings of the pro management peeps on here.
The main thrust of my previous post was to say to RSS that his much vaunted 'ballot' held at EMA etc was cobblers, toss, hot air. It has as much validity in law as the anal expulsions of MOL.
Please do not misunderstand me, I fly no flag for BALPA, I haven't since I knew that it had once been headed by that animated skull, Norman Tebbit. I think that pilots would be better represented by a larger union such as Unite but most of the right wingers (if PPrune is anything to go by) would rather take a pay cut or be boiled in oil before getting into bed with a load of lefties. Nor do I hold RYR in any great esteem, their fruit machine business model stinks.
Finally, any talk of bases being closed because MOL has thrown the teddy out of the pram should be taken with a pinch (cellar) of salt. Mr avaricous, and which CEO is not?, would be strung up by the dangly bits then spit roasted by his shareholders should he close profitable bases. Remeber the boast of RYR is that it is UK's largest airline, I think that would melt away if he closed UK bases.
Awaiting incoming.