PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 21:12
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
al446
You are talking a load of cobblers !!!!
First I do not work for RYR or BRK.
Second the company I do work for is about to hold a vote for BALPA recognition which will include ALL our pilots regardless of their affiliation to BALPA or not.
Now if one company can do that then it would be easy in RYR.
However BALPA do not want that vote to happen just in case they are out voted, which is the same in RYR.

Anyone promoting such a restrictive practice (BALPA members only) is usually trying to ensure a vote in their favour, by excluding a large proportion of the workforce.

In the past I have worked for BALPA companies and once served a term upon a company council.
I am now no longer a member, having seen the real way that they operate and the self interest shown by the council members.

Most people think that BALPA will help the workforce by some black art just by chanting the word "BALPA" this is not the case.
Representation will achieve little or nothing through a confrontational management, and any benefits obtained will take longer than some members will care to wait.

BALPA are looking for scalps to add to their totum pole and more money in their coffers, as they are a business and need to show profit like any other company.
The few BALPA have helped are far out numbered by those they have let down.